The purpose of this document is to establish a mutual agreement between the each student and Yonsei University, with regard to live in the International dorms.
- Under this agreement, the student is entitled to the privacy of the assigned room, (except as stated in Conditions & Responsibilities - Item F), the use of public facilities of the International dorms, and the services rendered in order to pursue students’ educational goals.
- Students for the International dorms must be degree-seeking students registered for classes at Yonsei University for each semester. Any exceptions must be granted on an individual basis and based on documented academic circumstances.
- The University's acceptance does NOT guarantee assignment to a particular type of accommodation, specific request or final admission to the University. It does establish priority for residence assignment.
- Semester room rent covers occupancy from the date and time designated for official opening until the date and time designated for official closing of the International dorms which will follow the last scheduled examination for each semester. Room rent does not cover occupancy during any vacation period or between semesters.
2) Conditions & Responsibilities
- Occupancy of rooms is only by students to whom the room is assigned. Rooms may not be sublet to another person. Room transfer may be made only after receiving written approval from the Housing Office. A guest may not be accommodated at any time.
- Students are responsible for taking care of rooms and equipment. International dorms provide no janitorial service in student rooms. Charges may be made for damages to, unauthorized use of, or alterations to rooms, equipment or buildings and for special cleaning necessary due to improper care of rooms or equipment. Students are jointly responsible for care of public areas and equipment. Public areas are defined as those areas available for use by all students living on a wing, a floor or within a house. Charges for damages to public areas and equipment may be made to all students assigned to separate wings, floors or within entire house as appropriate.
- Students are responsible for knowing and observing Housing regulations and procedures. The University reserves the right to make other rules and regulations as in its judgment may be necessary for the safety, care and cleanliness of the premises and for the preservation of order. The student agrees to abide by all additional rules and regulations that are adopted.
- International dorms are not liable for damage or loss of personal property, failure or interruption of utilities, or unforeseen accidents/injuries. The International dorms only provide liability for damages or injuries caused by negligence on the part of the University or its employees while working within the scope of their employment.
- Telephone service in the room is limited. Each room has one telephone connected to a central switchboard that only accommodates incoming calls. There are several pay phones for student use in the House complex.
- Authorized Housing personnel may enter student rooms for normal inspection and maintenance purposes. The student's personal property is not subject to search without express approval of the student except when a reasonable belief exists that the room is being used for a purpose which is illegal or which would otherwise seriously interfere with discipline and/or personal safety.
- Room assignments may at any time be changed, canceled or terminated by the University in the interests of order, health, discipline, maximum utilization of facilities, or disaster after notice to the assignee as is practical. Disregard for the rights, responsibilities and duties of others, as well as the creation of circumstances which could jeopardize life, limb or property, are conditions which are not acceptable in the House life and may be cause for termination of the House Contract.
- You may NOT possess within the House: firearms, fireworks or any materials that may be hazardous to the health or safety of other occupants of the building, motorcycles, waterbeds, weights, drums, amplified instruments, pets, open flame elements or refrigerators in addition to those already provided.
- Visitors of the same gender ONLY are permitted in the residents' rooms and their floors. Visitation hours are from 08:00am until 10:00pm. Guests are only permitted after signing in at the front desk. They must also sign out before departure. Residents are responsible for the behavior of their guests, and bear all consequences of the violation of the House's regulations. No mixed gender visitations in the residents' rooms are permitted under any circumstances and at any time.
- Students shall not pursue any business in their room or on the premises.
- At no time may a resident create any disturbances (i.e. loud noise, loud music, fighting, etc.), which will cause other residents inconveniences. Quiet hours are from 12:00am to 6:00am. During these hours residents should keep quiet in order not to disturb residents from studying and sleeping.